Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 1 - working the kinks out

June 26, Denver to Worland,WY - 421miles Ron, 471 miles Dave
Temperature ranged from 70-90 F, one short rain shower. I ran out of gas twice. I significantly underestimated the reduction in gas mileage I got fighting the strong headwinds we rode in most of the day. Dave gave me some gas but he was low so we wanted to make sure he could get to the gas station. Well we guessed about 4 oz. on the short side. The second time I ran out I was two miles from gas. I was impressed with the offers for help from several motorcyclists and a couple of people in cars. The whole process used up an hour of time. My tank is advertised as holding over 6 gallons, but I can tell you there is only 5.3 gallons of it that can be used.

3 comments:

  1. Good to know about the tank Ron. I've never run mine dry. JH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting a good start on the blog! It's cool to see your camp and hear about the day. Miss you already and hope everything runs as smoothly as possible from here on out. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys, thanks for the first day report. Wishing you "fair winds and following seas" for the rest of the trip. AAH

    ReplyDelete